Inspired by one of my all time favorite Moosewood Restaurant cookbook recipes, Spicy Szechuan Noodles, this is a simple Asian noodle salad with peanut sauce and a little spice. I usually serve this at room temperature and have also added grilled chicken right off the grill before serving.
Here is your list of ingredients:
- 1 package soba noodles
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3-4 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup radish sprouts (or your sprouts of choice)
- 1 English cucumber, deseeded and cut into crescent slices
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (I used a mixture of white and black seeds)
Begin by cooking the noodles by the package instructions, drain and rinse them.
While the noodles are boiling, mix together the nut butters, warm water, tamari sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and red chili flakes. In a large bowl toss the noodles with the dressing, stir in the cucumber, sprouts and toasted sesame seeds and serve.